|Project Name||Preparation of Long-term Strategy and Law on Climate Action|
|Project Duration||18 months|
|Project Start Date||15 February 2019|
|Project End Date||15 August 2020|
To support the Beneficiary Country in achieving the long-term goals of climate action: full transposition/implementation of the EU acquis enabling a low carbon emissions and climate resilient development of the Beneficiary Country.
- To carry out the necessary analyses of the current situation and conditions in the Beneficiary country and assessments in preparation of the long-term Strategy and the Law on Climate Action, and in support of the adoption and implementation.
- To establish a strong and sustainable framework for coordinating climate action by development the national strategic and legal framework for climate action through the long-term Strategy and Law on Climate Action (Law), including the Action Plan for the initial phase of implementation.
- To establish the monitoring mechanism of GHG emissions in line with the EU Monitoring Mechanism Regulation No 525/2013 and its implementing provisions.
- To strengthen the administrative capacity in line with EU accession in achieving low carbon competitive economy and climate resilient society/economy.
- To raise awareness on climate action, support the stakeholders’ consultations and facilitate inter-ministerial and inter-sectoral cooperation on the Strategy and Law.